Friday, March 2, 2012

Difficulties

Hello peeps. I'm still going strong on IP, but it's not been easy. Last week was REALLY HARD. I was grouchy, craving everything, and really wanting to eat "normal" food. I wasn't asking for much...a sub sandwich, or a bun with my burger, or a banana, or a piece of toast...anything with bread, really. I persevered and did not cheat, and now I'm glad I did. That phase is over, and I feel great again. The picture in the post below really helped me get through the rough times last week...I looked at it 592 times (I'm guessing...haha!).

This past weekend my husband I went to a nearby city and went thrift store shopping. I finally found a pair of khaki pants at a quaint little second hand store downtown, so the old, big ones are going to be tucked away. I've decided to keep them as a reminder of what I used to be. When I feel discouraged, I'm going to put those pants on.

I seem to be going through a shrinking phase again. I'm going through clothes like crazy. The khaki pants I bought at the second hand store were a little snug for me last weekend when I bought them, but still wearable. I put them on for work yesterday, and they fit PERFECT! The kicker...they are a size 14! (I was a size 20 when I started this diet). I also have a pair of pants in my closet that I bought on clearance a few weeks back. I could not button them. I tried them on last night, and they fit as well! Size 15/16 in JUNIORS! Same story with a pair of jeans I bought from a gal here in town. It's funny, because I've tried these clothes on at least once a week since I've had them, and they absolutely were too small...and almost overnight, they fit. Now I'm worried because I have a pair of 16 pants that I paid full price for out of necessity. I've worn them once and now I'm afraid they are going to be too big. Oh well...small price to pay!

After my weigh-in yesterday, I figured up my BMI. I'm no longer in the obese category. I'm extremely excited about this. I think the last time I was in the overweight category was probably in 2006 after I lost the weight from my first child (which I obviously gained back!)

That's about all for now. I'm hoping this weekend to take some pictures. I'd like to see the transformation. I know I look good, but I want all of you readers to know it as well! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment