Monday, January 16, 2012

Day 1 - Starvation, Hormones, and Soy Patties

Day 1 is almost done, and I would consider it a success. By some cruel twist of fate, I started my period today. I had no idea when it would come because I've been having some issues and had a D&C about 3 weeks ago. So...I'm having all these symptoms (fatigue, hunger, headaches) but I don't know if it's my body going into "shock" or if it's my period. Either way...I guess I'll say it's a good thing because I can't blame it on the diet! :)

I had chocolate drink this morning for breakfast. I was cold, so I put it in the microwave, and it tasted like hot chocolate....very tasty! I was definitely ready for lunch though. I had a wonderful salad with green peppers, cucumbers, and celery, and a couple pickles. I also made an IP soy patty. I don't know if I cooked it wrong, mixed it wrong, of if they are just nasty. The flavor was good (I used some garlic powder on it) but it was so GRAINY. I ended up crumbling into tiny pieces and mixing it with my salad, which made it tolerable, at the very least. It did fill me up, though. This afternoon the snacking bug hit hard, and I went ahead and had my evening snack. I had the IP Dill Pickle Zippers and they ROCKED! That satisfied me for the rest of the day. Supper is still cooking, but we're having chicken breast, broccoli, and I'll of course have my huge salad. I made my own dressing, and I used oil and vinegar with just a tiny bit of Italian seasoning. It is so good. I don't think I'll miss my Dorothy Lynch much! I can honestly say that right now, I'm the normal hungry for this time of day, which makes me feel better because this morning was HARD.

My hormones went nuts today. I had a couple emotional breakdowns where I really felt sorry for myself. I cried a little and thought about the kids' brownies in the kitchen. Instead of heading for the brownies, though, I re-read what I wrote last night. I've decided I have no reason to feel sorry for myself. I can do this. I will do this.

No comments:

Post a Comment