Thursday, January 19, 2012

Day 4 - Weigh In and Resturaunts

Day 4 is in the books. Another day closer to goal. Even though I just started the program on Monday, I had my first weigh in today so that I could get on schedule with my coach. I lost a total of 7 pounds and 5 inches. I have to say...I am so extremely proud of myself. Today I had a bad day at work. I was so stressed out when I left, and I drove past Dairy Queen. I was tempted. Very, very tempted. But....I drove on. I just had to tell myself....7 pounds....5 inches....over and over again. It's so stupid, and I felt ridiculous. I guess I'm an emotional eater after all...even though I never considered myself one before.

My oldest daughter K is on a precision dance team, and the team preformed at a basketball game this evening. OMG...so proud of her. I actually had tears in my eyes watching her. She is so grown up. Anyway...afterwards, everyone was starving, and since it was our supper time, we decided to go out to eat. We went to a local steak house, so I felt like I had a good selection of foods that I could eat. I ate my salad plain...which was fine. I really, really wanted shrimp, but decided to ask how it is cooked. Turns out when they grill it, they use butter. Darn it. So, I had a steak. It wasn't bad at all, even without sauce...after I sent it back to have it cooked again. Last time I checked, a medium steak does not bleed. Ew.  I also had to pass on the steamed veggies...because they cook those in butter, too. But...I had green beans....and had to pick out the bacon, but they were very good. I'm proud of myself for watching my family eat bread, fries, and potatoes...and sticking to my guns. I did have to take a big whiff of the bread though. It smelled so good! 7 pounds....5 inches....7 pounds.....5 inches.  :)

This weekend we go to my mom and dad's house for the weekend, so I may not update. Thankfully, she is on the diet too, so we will have each other for support when the rest of the family is pigging out on yummy stuff. We've planned our meal, and she has lots of lettuce and veggies on hand.

If I don't update again before the weekend...I hope everyone has a fabulous weekend! IP, baby! 

No comments:

Post a Comment